Kev's Musings

Sunday, September 19, 2004

Newfound respect for/fear of women

Today I went to the drugstore to buy some new soap/body wash and my usual stuff came packaged with a free “loofah” – whatever the hell that is. So in a nod to Seth and Brad for all the metrosexual schooling they’ve given me (ok, and Mike, you too) I decided to use the thing when I showered. It looked pleasant enough – almost like a massager, so I went with it.

HOLY SHIT! Nowhere on the box, at any place, at any time did it say ANYTHING about removing layer of my skin. Boy was that a surprise. That was NOT like a massage. Ladies – do you actually use these things? Do you all actually remove the skin from your bodies to look good?!? No, seriously, let me know – now I’m really curious. Do you all actually do this to look good? It’s like a form of medieval torture – and you all actually seem to pay to buy these things. I have a new found respect (and fear) for women if this is a common thing.

After the shower, I promptly tied the thing up in a plastic bag and threw it in the corner of my living room, near the trash. It and I are having a stare-down right now. I want to take it out with the trash, but I’m afraid of it. In my own defense, part of the fear may come from having seen the original Gremlins movie again last night…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home