Kev's Musings

Friday, November 25, 2005

Get me away from here, I'm dying

Is it a bad sign when you keep a text message pre-written in your phone to have your "emergency bail-out" friend call you?

Does it make it worse that you can send the message with the phone under the table, without even having to look at it, as you nod, smile and keep the conversation going while your date keeps talking?

Over the past two months, while out with a lady, I've gotten eight calls from my friend that my grandfather has died.

Unfortunately, I've gotten so used to making my escape, that last night at Thanksgiving dinner, slightly aided by a wee bit of alcohol, I shocked my entire extended family by announcing that I had to leave as my grandfather had died. My grandmother was even more surprised at my news than you would expect, given that my grandfather passed away over 10 years ago.

2 Comments:

  • Time to come up with a new getaway plan - preferably one that doesn't involve lying about a relative dying! Consider faking a sick pet or something...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:16 AM  

  • Kev -- it's called karma. I would watch out.ynt

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home