Kev's Musings

Saturday, October 04, 2008

What's the etiquette?

While I've argued before that sites like Facebook and MySpace are making dating more difficult (such as when one person changed their status to "in a relationship" before they've had "the conversation"), it is also starting to affect friends of people in said relationship.

For example, a long-time friend was dating this girl for a couple of years, so naturally, we became Facebook Friends (which is like a whole new level of friendship that says "I accept that we get along even though we'll never hang out alone"). Now that they've broken up, should I de-friend her?

And what about ex's -- do you defriend them too? What about if you become actual friends again down the road, do you re-add?

And what about if your friend hasn't de-friended his ex? Do you? What if he has?

These are the questions that keep me up at night.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Well, I say you only defriend the friends of the ex if the ex de-friends you first.

    I speak from personal experience. My ex-gf de-friended me, so I decided that since I would never probably see her friends ever again, having them privy to my comings and goings was useless. So I gave them the cut.

    De-friending exes should be on a case-by-case basis.

    And if your friend hasn't de-friended his/her ex, you shouldn't. Because what if they get back together? I say let their actions dictate your next move.

    By Blogger CW, at 5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home