Kev's Musings

Thursday, June 09, 2005

The men's room quagmire

YesterdayI entered the men's room in my office and was faced with the classic male-etiquette quagmire.

Here's the situation:

My office recently moved into a new space, putting all of us, who were previously on two seperate floors, onto one. While there are still very few men, it's no longer an abnormality to find other guys in the men's room. Our new restroom has three stalls (indicated below with an "S") and two urinals (indicated below with a "U"). For those ladies out there, male etiqutette dictates that you never use a stall or urinal next to someone who's already using one (the only exception is sporting events and crowded movie theaters). So here's what I encountered (stalls or urinals being used indicated by an "X"):

|S|S|S|U|U|
|X|S|X|S|X|

So what did I do? I waited. I couldn't "couple off" with the dude using the other urinal, and there's no way I was going to be sandwiched into the middle stall.

In the words of Sean, it just wasn't my time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home