Kev's Musings

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Semi-blind kind of date

I've come to believe that there's such a thing as a "semi-blind" date, or maybe a "legally-blind" date, I don't know, I haven't thought it through yet. Anyway, here's the concept:

So you've seen someone's picture, or friendster page or met ever so briefly, and you go to a mutual friend and say, "hey, I think your friend is kinda cute. Introduce me?" And your friend, being the good friend that they are, relays the info, and the friend's friend thinks you're kinda cute as well, and gives their nod for the number exchange. You call, and you meet up to go out.

Here's the dilemma: is it a blind date?

You haven't exactly met the person, so you have no idea of how they are in person, so it isn't a proper date. You also have seen a picture or friendster profile or whatnot, so it isn't exactly a completely blind date, the kind where you're left wondering, "what if the person is boring and unattractive?" It's a grey area in between.

Now I ran this by Jen, who is pretty adamant that there's no such thing as a "semi-blind" date, and actually threatened me should I write about such a concept (sorry Jen), but I'm curious to see what others think, so I appeal this to a higher court - does a semi-blind date exist?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home