Kev's Musings

Monday, October 04, 2004

A discombobulatory morning

Ever notice how hard it is to get back into a routine once you've broken it for a few days? Well, this morning I started post-Vioxx life, meaning no more cabs to work and a return to my oh-so-lovely train ride (only in New York would you have public transit that you need to take south to go north) and Times Square change of trains.

Having done this particular route to work for well over a year-and-a-half, I have it down to a pretty good science, but it's amazing how just breaking the routine for a few days can throw you so far off. For example...

This morning, being slightly discombobulated, I forgot to change the song I was listening to from something nice and soft to the combat music needed to navigate Times Square at rush hour. It's hard to make the required Matrix-esq maniuvers, dodging and swerving the oncoming commutters who will take you out at the first chance they get, to the tune of Fox in the Snow.
After nearly being decapitated by a two-ton woman and a man who smelled like the Baltimore harbor, I finally ended up on the side of the station where I usually grab my free copy of AM New York and successfully made the newspaper hand-off, as I was rolling onto the platform to get my second train. I thought all was well, until I realized that, instead of AM New York, I had somehow grabbed the Free Tibet Press, which I'm sure is lovely, but I was unable to read due to the fact that it is printed in Cantonese.

To help you enjoy your day, I'm pasting below what has to have been one of the funniest media monitoring assignments ever. Apparently, Saturday Night Live included a Levitra spoof this weekend, and being that we have to report coverage of the drug (and any in its class) to the clients, this was in my (and our clients') inbox this morning...

------------

From: Pxxxxxx, Rxxxx
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 8:29 AM
To: LEVITRA-NY
Subject: SNL: Dr. Porkenheimer's Boner Juice

This weekend Saturday Night Live included a spoof of the Levitra "My Man" :30 spot. Beyond its remarkable resemblance to the real thing in nearly every way (including the Marie look-alike), the ad, which was for "Dr. Porkenheimer's Boner Juice" (same brand colors and flame logo) touted the following brand attributes:
  • meatier
  • thick
  • sturdy
The fair balance statement included advice to "call your friends and brag" in cases of erections lasting more than four hours.

We are currently working with VMS to obtain a tape of the segment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home