Kev's Musings

Monday, March 28, 2005

When the F-Bomb fails

I recently got an e-mail from someone who reads the column and asked for some advice. The letter read:

Dear Kev,

I read your blog daily, and want to know if you could help me with something. I’ve gone out with this guy a few times, and I’m not interested in dating him, but I’d like to be friends. I tried “The Rule of Five” and dropped five “F-Bombs” like you suggest , but he doesn’t seem to take the hint. Any ideas on how I can get the message across to him?

Thanks,

A Fan
Well, Fan, if he’s still not getting the hint you still have an option available, but just know once you use it, there’s no going back. The next stage is to go nuclear. That’s right, nuclear (as in the family). It’s a one shot deal that should make things painfully obvious without having to have a direct chat – simply tell him that he’s become like a brother to you (not that he’s like your brother, that will only encourage him more). Every guy understands this – it’s the dating kiss of death – but after that, there’s no way to recover.

If he still doesn’t get it after you drop the nuke, I’d suggest renting out the jumbotron at Giant’s Stadium and having the message “I’m not interested” run at half-time, because that’s what it’s going to take.

Let me know how this works – unless, of course you’re someone who’s about to use it on me – in which case that might just become an entry of its own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home