Kev's Musings

Monday, March 07, 2005

Kev's review of new Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper

I am, self-admittedly, a fan of Dr. Pepper. When the new Diet Dr. Pepper, the one that tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper, came out, it was a day to remember. So when I heard last week that they were launching a new flavor – Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper, you can imagine the excitement I felt. I like Dr. Pepper, I like cherry. I like vanilla. I couldn’t be more excited about a soda. So today, when I finally saw one at Duane Reade, I had to pick it up.

Even before I could twist off the cap and let the cherry vanilla goodness flow to my lips, I noticed something. A little logo sits next to the label that reads "fountain classic." Led me to wonder, can you be new and a classic at the same time? It strikes me as a little bit odd. I really feel like you need to have been on the market for awhile to earn the title "classic." A week simply doesn’t cut it.

So my review of Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper? Do you remember Pixie Sticks from your childhood – the straight sugar, yet flavored candy that came in a straw? Well, tastes like someone just dissolved a large cherry pixie stick into a bottle of Dr. Pepper. Also, something really bothers me about the fact that the foam is red. I’ve yet to ever see a soda with red foam. That just can’t be good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home