Kev's Musings

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Weather Channel can kiss my @$$

I've had it with the Weather Channel -- I think they're starting to invent new conditions. When I checked the forecast for today, it said "wintery mix." Wintery mix?!? What the f*$% is that?!? I don't remember learning about wintery mix in Earth Science. I think they made it up.

Wintery mix sounds more like a type of frosted-Chex snack than it does an actual meteorological condition. I'm pretty sure I served it at a party once. and included M&Ms and yogurt covered pretzels

What pisses me off more than new, invented weather conditions is when they "predict" (and I use that term lightly) a 50% chance of rain. Thanks guys, I can flip a coin as well. When you tell me that my guess on the weather is as good as yours, then you're no longer providing me with a valuable service.

If the Weather Channel ever predicts a 50% chance of wintery mix, I may have to go down there and slap somebody.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • Go there and slap someone anyway. They deserve it for all their past misdeeds. Wasn't 'Weather' the name of a 60s terrorist group?

    By Blogger Gorilla Bananas, at 2:53 PM  

  • I've always found the "wintry mix" thing kind of lame.

    You know what else is lame? During Hurricane Katrina, for shits and giggles, I looked up the weather in New Orleans, and weather.com said: "Squalls." Yeah, right.

    By Blogger CW, at 10:11 AM  

  • It has been very useful, I was looking for something similar,greetings and thanks.

    By Anonymous janvia, at 2:03 AM  

  • It's so important to realize that every time you get upset, it drains your emotional energy.

    By Anonymous junuvia, at 2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home