Kev's Musings

Friday, June 01, 2007

You're inviting me? Seriously?

Last night I received a wedding invitation that seemed to come out of the blue. Normally you have some idea that you'll be receiving an invite to the wedding, but I never saw this coming.

My surprise wasn't because I didn't know the couple was engaged, it was just that I had only met the bride once -- and I've still never met the groom. Maybe this is the price I pay because the bride drove me to the airport about a year ago -- now she wants a wedding present in return.

Getting the wedding invite was almost as awkward as the time I received a baby announcement from an ex-girlfriend. I was wondering if it was a creative way of telling me the child was mine, until friends assured me that the 27 months since we had broken up was awful long for a pregnancy.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Don't stress... just don't go. Receiving an invitation does not mean you are obligated to attend, silly boy! If you're afraid of hurting her feelings (though I can't imagine why), just plan a business trip for the same timeframe and I'm sure she'll understand! You travel a lot; it could happen. :)

    By Blogger Jen, at 8:54 AM  

  • Do what I do in these situations. Go and wear some ridiculous dress, get drunk, and flirt with the groomsmen.

    OK, maybe don't do the EXACT same thing.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:02 AM  

  • Thats what you get for being related to the Maid of Honor I guess. . . Invite by association!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home