Kev's Musings

Monday, March 06, 2006

Kev's guide to understanding guys (vol X)

Dumped... by disappearance (phrase) - The science -- dare I say art -- of stopping seeing someone by vanishing.

It can be done in a range of ways, from an immediate "poof" -- where you simply never return another call again -- to a slow fade out, where all of a sudden you're very busy, aren't around as often as you used to be, start returning one out of every three messages (or "thirding" as I call it) and eventually a few months have gone by since you've seen one another. If orchestrated properly, it's a disappearing act that would make Houdini proud.

Example:
Kev: So you still seeing Danielle?
Male buddy: I'm not sure. We haven't discussed anything, but last time I saw her was a few weeks ago. Come to think of it, she hasn't returned my calls... or my text messages.
Kev: Dude, sounds like you've been dumped by disappearance.

Perhaps filing this under "Kev's guide to guys" isn't so accurate since you ladies seem to be quite familiar with the technique as well...

Kev's guide to understanding guy's (vol IX)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home