Kev's Musings

Monday, December 27, 2004

MIT: Metro-sexual In Training

While I’m well aware that I’m such a fashion-don’t that I shouldn’t be allowed to dress myself, I’m trying to become more of a metro-sexual under to the tutelage of my friends Brad, Seth and Mike. And while my friends will tell you that I’m doing much better, they’d also be glad to tell you that I still have far to go. In fact, the other weekend, they sent home to change.

You heard me right, my friends sent me home to change.

I was meeting Brad and Luke for a slice of pizza, before heading to our local pub (Jake’s Dilemma) to pre-game before heading to a party, in typical Swinger’s-approved fashion. I spent some time going over the outfit choices before settling on some nice jeans, a polo shirt and a ribbed v-neck sweater – all items of clothing that I’ve gotten complements on before – just never having worn them together. Perhaps that’s the element I didn’t consider.

So when I showed up to the pizza place near my house, Brad took one look at the outfit and burst into laughter. When I asked, "What do you think?" His only reply was, "I think you should turn around and go home to change."

So I did.

I’m considering proposing there be a state-funded program to help people like me. I think that if your sense of color, fashion and ensemble are bad enough, the state should be required to send a consultant to your house every morning to help you get dressed, and twice a month to help you shop. Maybe we can lump it into existing budgets created to help beautify the city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home