Kev's Musings

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Follow my example, and you too can become a frequent mail recipient of the court system

Back when I was in college, and home for winter break, I received a jury questionnaire form from the New York State court system. For those of you who haven’t been the lucky recipients of this lovely form, it’s the questionnaire you fill out so the state can see if you’re eligible to perform America’s favorite job – jury duty. Unfortunately, finding myself qualified, but rather uninterested, I thought maybe I could persuade the state to think I wouldn’t be a good candidate. In what seemed to be a good idea at the time, I filled out the form in crayon.

New York State didn’t seem to find this quite as funny as I did, and not only was I summonsed immediately, I’ve now served jury duty twice, and receive the call every four years – the moment (or at least month) I become eligible to serve again. Thinking it couldn’t get any worse than that, today it took a new spin – I received a jury questionnaire from the federal court system.

Needless to say, I won’t be filling out this one in crayon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home