Kev's Musings

Sunday, January 02, 2005

The pharmaceutical wingman

I always hoped that my time spent working in the pharmaceutical industry would one day, somehow benefit my friends. Today was that day.

I was running some errands with a buddy of mine when we stopped into CVS. We ended up waiting in line behind this absolutely beautiful, supermodel-looking woman who was waiting for a prescription to be filled. My friend seized the opportunity and immediately started chatting her up, and she turned out not to only be breathtaking, but witty and charming as well. When her prescription was filled, she turned to my friend to give him her number, putting down the bag just long enough for me to read the drug’s compound names.

When the woman left the store, my friend turned to me for the post-game analysis. I commented that he really didn’t want to call her. When my friend asked why, I finally was able to apply my knowledge: she just filled prescriptions for both herpes AND gonorrhea.

He thought about it for a second, let the information sink in before an ear-to-ear grin crossed his face. “Dude, that means she’s a sure thing!”

And my boss worries about ME sometimes…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home