Kev's Musings

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Dude, where’s my car – the Kevin home edition

So after a company open-bar event (because those are always such a good idea) and a trip to a second bar, I’m missing some time in my memory of the evening. I awoke at 5:00 AM with the implicit feeling that a midget was trying to jack-hammer his way out of my skull. After throwing back a couple of Excedrin migraine, and a brief finding of religion where I prayed for death, I was able somehow to get back to sleep until about 6:45, when the caffeine from the pills began surging through my body, and I realized more sleep was just not going to happen.

So trying to be productive, I balanced my checkbook, cleaned house, lay down and watched a movie, all before 10:00 AM. It was then that I decided to check my e-mail, and where I began wondering exactly how the evening ended.

The first e-mail I received was from a friend telling me off for an argument I can’t remember having. Slightly bewildered, I went to the next two messages – both of them forwarding a link to Craig’s List’s missed connections asking if it was me.

Not only did the post have my name in the subject line (it read "We talked last night at Jake's Dilemma (Kevin?)" but I have also been known to play the foosball on occasion, and I had mentioned to Brad that I would possibly meet up with him and Luke at Jake’s (where we frequent regularly), but I thought I went home and went to bed. So here I am wondering, what exactly did I do last night…?

-----------
Addition: Somehow the post has been deleted from Craig's list. To make things worse, neither Brad nor Luke, who were both rather boofy-blitzed last night, remember if I showed up or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home