Kev's Musings

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Employee relations

A humorous excerpt from a call I received just past 2AM.

Kevin: Uh, hello?
Completely insane friend with no sense of time*: Hey, it's me.
K (sitting up, still in a daze, turning on the bedside light and checking the clock): You know its past two in the morning?
CIFWNST: Oh yeah, I know. It's just that... I need your help.
K: You need my help falling asleep?
CIFWNST: No. Some advice. You see... I, er, how can I put this? I slept with my boss. It's just that you're good at these things...
K: At sleeping with my boss?
CIFWNST: Er, no...
K:I haven't checked in a bit, but no, I'm pretty sure I haven't done that.
CIFWNST: Not exactly what I meant.
K: I mean, he's a pretty cool guy and all, and I like working with him a lot... it's just, well...
CIFWNST: Yes?
K: I usually go for someone a little more female.
CIFWNST: No, not at sleeping with your boss.
K: At sleeping? I'm pretty sure I was just doing that a moment ag--
CIFWNST: No at spin. How do I, uh, handle the situation?

It went on from there. A note to my friends -- I'm glad to help you out, but if its not life or death, call with your PR problems in the morning -- the much later morning.

*Not a friend from work, or even my industry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home