Kev's Musings

Friday, February 03, 2006

License to drive

I renewed my driver's license today, and like most folks who realize they're going to be carrying this photo of themselves for the next 6-12 years, I spent a lot of time preparing.

I don't mean I brushed my hair, shaved and picked out a flattering shirt. Instead I went on a bender last night, stayed out until dawn with friends and hit every bar in a 10 mile radius.

When I rolled into the DMV at 7:00 am, just as my night was ending, my eyes were bloodshot, I had enough of a five o'clock shadow to pass off as a Billy-goat, and it looked like my hair was trying to flee my head in 12 different directions. I figure, if I'm going to be pulled over, that's most likely the condition I'm going to be in, so it's in everyone's best interest that I look like the photo on my license.

3 Comments:

  • I guess it's truth in advertising at work...

    By Blogger Murphy Jacobs, at 11:49 AM  

  • however: what of the impression your new photo'll have on those ladies who'll steal your license out of your wallet to see how old you really are?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:55 PM  

  • Unfortunately by the time those ladies ask, I'm probably already in that state.

    By Blogger Kevin, at 8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home