Kev's Musings

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

On bachelor parties

I've come to the conclusion that we're throwing bachelor parties for the wrong people. Instead of arranging them for our buddies who are getting married we should be throwing them for our friends who have recently gotten out of relationships.

Here's my logic. Who do you think needs a weekend of wild debauchery, gambling and strippers more, the guy we're preparing to send off to marital bliss or the guy who just got out of a two-year relationship and in the confusing hours after the split is afraid he may never have fun or see a naked woman again? Exactly - the later. Plus, it would be a great pick-me-up -- maybe even something the guy can look forward to during the long and painful hours of discussion that go into splitting up.

I've had the honor of being a groomsman several times now and even the best man. I'm beginning to think that some people are starting to put me in their wedding party solely because of my impressive wedding resume - especially when I'm not even close friends with the couple. I think it's because the bride is confident that I've done this enough times now to know what I'm doing so that I'll keep the groom and his buddies in line and on track with his wedding duties, while the guy knows I've arranged a legendary bachelor party on more than one occasion.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • I find your ideas intriguing and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

    By Blogger CW, at 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home