Kev's Musings

Sunday, October 24, 2004

I’m not certain, but I may have gotten engaged last night

So last night I was out with some friends and I had a few drinks. Ok, so I had more than a few drinks, and I entered that golden stage where I love everybody and feet the need to share. Being a fan of technology, and having the ability to write mass-text messages on my cell phone, I quickly drafted a note to a number of friends telling them how much I love them. That’s always a good idea, isn’t it? Now when this has happened before, I usually get a few replies from happy-drunk friends as well, or the next day just some rolled eyes and some appreciation for the sweet sentiments.

Last night I received something a little different.

My friend, let’s call her Carol, who I haven’t seen in a year and a half, writes back something to the effect of “we should get married!” To which, in my happy, caring, kidding (note the kidding) state I reply “of course we should!”

Now, normally I like to consider myself a man of my word, but I think I may have to try and wiggle my way out of this one. So, if anyone needs to reach me today, I’ll be at the library researching how binding inter-state, drunken text-messages really are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home