Kev's Musings

Monday, May 23, 2005

This one’s for the ladies

While I’ve realized in my travels that we guys know absolutely nothing about women (except for the fact that flowers are always a good thing), I’ve realized I can further the advancement of dating by providing you ladies with helpful tips about guys, something I’m confidently more well versed in. I’m starting a new reoccurring segment entitled Kev’s Guide to Understanding Guys, in order to help female readers understand the relatively simple creatures that we are. My hope is that perhaps if I can help you better understand us, it will somehow further our own cause of getting closer to you.

Today’s Kev’s Guide to Understanding Guys is a vocabulary lesson -- the male phrase “Full Boat.”

Full Boat (n) – descriptive term to mean your dating rotation is completely filled (sometimes described as a “full ship”). It can either be full due to multi-tasking or extended focus on a single female (sometimes referred to by women as “a relationship”)

Example 1:

Kevin: I want to fix you up with one of my coworkers. I think you would really get along.
Kev’ Male Buddy: Thanks, but I’m driving a full ship right now.

Example 2:

“I’ve got a full boat right now, but I might offload some cargo on Tuesday.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home